Xiaomi announced the Mi Watch for global markets at the Mi 10T series launch event. This smartwatch is basically a rebranded Xiaomi Watch Color Sports Edition. A few months after its release, this wearable is receiving a new firmware update with some useful features and improvements.
First and foremost, the new update adds Amazon Alexa voice assistant support. But unfortunately, it is only available in select regions and the changelog does not mention them. Hence, you will have to check it for yourself if you own this smartwatch.
Further, the new firmware brings camera shutter control and two new standby watch faces. However, it is worth noting that the changelog mentions the camera shutter feature to be experimental and therefore, it may be buggy on some smartphones.
Lastly, the latest update also adds an option to turn on and off auto-pause in workout modes, in addition to bringing bug fixes and optimizations for faster waker up.
- New features and improvements:
In order to install the latest firmware update on your Xiaomi Mi Watch global version, simply update to the latest version of the Xiaomi Wear app available on the Google Play Store, open the application, and tap on ‘Update’ when prompted.
- Xiaomi to focus on launching wider range of smart home products this year
- Xiaomi Mi 10 with Overclocked GPU gets a 30% bump up in performance, can it level Mi 11?
- Xiaomi releases new video showcasing the Mi 11’s easy repairability
- Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra massive leak: Hands-on video reveals huge 50MP triple camera housing with 120X zoom, secondary screen
ALWAYS BE THE FIRST TO KNOW – FOLLOW US!