As expected, Xiaomi has launched the Mi Notebook Pro 14 2021 and the Mi Notebook Pro 15 2021 on the second day of the Xiaomi Mega Launch event. These two are the most premium laptops (in terms of features) from the company to date. For some reason, the global arm of Xiaomi is calling them Mi Laptop Pro 14 and Mi Laptop 15 Pro respectively. Anyway, let us take a look at their specs, features, price, and availability.
The newly launched Xiaomi high-end laptops feature a metal unibody design made of 600 series aviation-grade aluminum alloy. They look identical to Apple MacBook Pro and come in two colors (Moonstone Grey, Crescent Silver). The 14-inch version is slim at 15.6mm while the 15-inch version is slightly thicker at 15.9mm.
The 15-inch model flaunts a 15.6-inch 3.5K (3000 x 2000 pixels) resolution OLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection. This panel has a 1,000,000: 1 contrast ratio, 600 nits peak brightness level, ΔE≈1 color accuracy, 16:10 aspect ratio, and 93% screen-to-body ratio.
Further, this screen can produce 10.7 billion colors, cover 100% of the DCI-P3 color gamut, and supports DC Dimming. Lastly, it also has TÜV Rheinland Low Blue Light Certification and SGS Eye Care Display Certifications.
On the other hand, the 14-inch variant sports a 14-inch 2.5K (2560 x 1600 pixels) resolution LCD panel but with up to 120Hz refresh rate. This display has a 16:10 aspect ratio, ΔE≈1.5 color accuracy, and TÜV Rheinland Low Blue Light Certification.
Under the hood, both of them feature 11th Gen IntelSSD. The i5 variant comes with and without NVIDIA GeForce MX450 GPU but the i7 version has this discrete GPU as standard.
1 of 5
Other features of these laptops include a backlit keyboard, large touchpad, fingerprint sensor, WiFi 6, 3 x USB Type-C (one of them is Thunderbolt), 3.5mm headphone jack, Microsoft Windows 10 operating system, MIUI+, XiaoAi voice assistant, HD webcam, 56Whr (14-inch)/66WHr (15-inch) battery, and 100W fast charging.
- i5-11300H, 16GB + 512GB – ¥5,299 ($806)
- i5-11300H, 16GB + 512GB, MX450 – ¥5,999 ($913)
- i7-11370H, 16GB + 512GB, MX450 – ¥6,999 ($1,065)
- i5-11300H, 16GB + 512GB – ¥6,499 ($989)
- i5-11300H, 16GB + 512GB, MX450 – ¥6,999 ($1,065)
- i7-11370H, 16GB + 512GB, MX450 – ¥7,999 ($1,217)
The 14-inch variant will available for pre-order starting April 26 and will go on sale from May 1. Whereas, the 15-inch version will hit the shelves earlier on April 2 since the company has begun to take pre-orders for it from today itself.
- Xiaomi Mi MIX Fold has a Snapdragon 888 chip, liquid lens, and a 5020mAh battery that charges at 67W
- Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra launched with Two displays, 50MP Triple Cameras and 67W charging
- Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite launched, thinnest 5G phone and first to sport the Snapdragon 780G
- Xiaomi Mi 11 Pro launched with better cameras, IP68 rating, faster charging, and more
- Xiaomi announces its first self-developed Image Signal Processing chip, the Surge C1
ALWAYS BE THE FIRST TO KNOW – FOLLOW US!