Back in December, we reported that the Xiaomi Air 2 Pro TWS didn’t get the LHDC codec and Low-latency modes in the update it had received. That ends today, as reports say that the features are rolling via a firmware update.
A new firmware update for the Xiaomi Air 2 Pro under the 22.214.171.124 version is rolling out. This update adds the LHDC audio codec and inturn low-latency support. For the unware, LHDC stands for Low-Latency & High Definition Codec.
Developed by Savitech and developed on AD2P Bluetooth protocol, this allows for high-resolution audio streaming. In fact, it supports up to 900kbps bit-rate which is higher compared to the SBC(Subband Codec)’s 345kbps.
Anyway, the changelog for the update is as follows:
- Add LHDC and low latency mode
- Fix bugs and improve performance
Back when we reviewed the Xiaomi Mi Air 2 Pro wireless earbuds, we had found few issues like Mediocre ANC, Noise interference, difficulty in switching between Noise cancellation modes including the LHDC.
That said, this update should fix the latency issues when playing games and improve the overall audio performance as well.
Other features include ANC, Hybrid Noise cancellation, Type-C port and Qi wireless charging, Bluetooth 5.0, XiaoAI voice controlCase).
- Xiaomi releases a new video showcasing the Mi 11’s easy repairability
- Xiaomi India’s Valentine’s Day deals bring hefty discounts on Mi Mix 2 (₹9,999), POCO F1 (₹12,999), Redmi K20 (₹14,999), and more
- Xiaomi India may launch Mi Portable Bluetooth Speaker (16W) and Mi Neckband Bluetooth Earphones Pro on February 22
ALWAYS BE THE FIRST TO KNOW – FOLLOW US!