Following some rumors and leaks, Umidigi finally unveiled its new series smartphone – Umidigi Bison featuring a powerful camera and durable design. The newly launched rugged smartphone further features IP68 and IP69K water resistance certification along with a rugged design. It is a perfect companion for users who live to enjoy sports and outdoor activities. However, the company hasn’t revealed the pricing information, but it would retail below $250.
Umidigi Bison carries a quad-rear camera featuring a 48-megapixel Sony primary sensor which can even take quality photos. It is accompanied by three other sensors including a 16-megapixel ultra-wide-angle camera, a 5-megapixel depth lens, and a 5-megapixel macro lens. Moreover, you get a 24-megapixel selfie camera on the front for accurate colors while snapping a selfie.
It is a rugged smartphone and features IP68 and IP69K certification which confirms its water-resistant ability up to 1.5 meters of water for 30 minutes. Umidigi Bison is also dust, dirt, and sand proof. The smartphone can easily withstand the thermal steam wash test, the high water pressure of 100 bar (1450 psi), and a high water temperature of 80-degree. A barometer sensor is also handy which can be useful to measure while you’re trekking heights or performing any other related activity.
Umidigi Bison comes with two independent customizable buttons which can be used for Push-to-Talk, underwater camera mode, and emergency call. It can be assigned different features for single click double click and long press functions.
There’s a beautiful 6.3-inch FHD+ display with edge-to-edge Corning Gorilla glass protection. The edge-to-edge protection on a rugged smartphone is difficult but it present on Umidgi Bison.
It comes with an octa-core chipset coupled with a 6GB LPDDR4X 6GB RAM and 128GB UFS 2.1 storage. There’s a 5000 mAh battery that can sustain for a couple of days. The smartphone houses a Side-Mounted Fingerprint Sensor, Barometer, Proximity Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, and Electronic Compass.
Umidigi Bison Technical Specifications
- Screen: 6.3″ FHD+ Waterdrop Screen
- CPU: MediaTek, Helio P60, 4xCortex-A73, 2.0GHz & 4xCortex-A53, up to 2.0GHz
- GPU: ARM Mali G72 MP3, up to 800MHz
- RAM: 6GB, LPDDR4X dual-channel
- Storage: 128GB, UFS 2.1
- Rear camera: 48MP Sony primary camera, 1/2” image sensor, 1.6μm 4-in-1 superpixel, F/1.79 aperture, 6-element lens, 16MP ultra wide-angle camera, FOV 120° , 5MP depth camera, and 5MP macro camera, 2cm macro distance
- Front camera: Sony 24MP, F/2.0 aperture, 5-element lens
- Water, dust, shock resistant: IP68, IP69K
- Dedicated keys: Two independent customizable buttons
- Connectivity: Dual 4G / Dual VoLTE
- GPS, Glonass, Galileo
- USB Type-C, Bluetooth 4.2, OTG
- Battery: 5000mAh, 18W Fast Charge
- Dimensions: 162.5 x 79.9 x 12.8 mm
- Weight: 250g
- Colors: Cyber Yellow, Lava Orange
Umidigi Bison Price
Umidigi Bison’s official pricing details are not out yet, but we expect it to be under $250. The smartphone is already listed on Umidigi with the option to add it to the cart. Moreover, the company is giving away 10 units of Umidigi A7 via the company’s official website.
Related: Umidigi A7 smartphone with 6.49-inch display, and AI-Quad camera launched for $89.99; UWatch 2S also makes debut
ALWAYS BE THE FIRST TO KNOW – FOLLOW US!