The upcoming release of Samsung‘s latest smartwatches has been the subject of speculations and leaks for several months. A few tipsters have hinted that the smart wearables that will come into the market anytime soon will be powered by the Wear OS, thus replacing the current Tizen OS in Samsung watches.
Tipster Max Weinbach has unearthed additional information that points in the direction that a new operating system will grace the upcoming smart wearables from Samsung. The tipster pieced the data from the latest version of the Galaxy Wear app with two codenames representing the two devices given as “fresh” and “wise”.
The Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 and Galaxy Watch Active 4 are the two smartwatches billed for unveiling between April and June 2021. According to the tipster, additional hints in a couple of codenames attached to the devices, like “newos” indicate that they will come with a new operating system and a more powerful chipset. Although the Wear OS was not specifically mentioned, it is the most probable choice for these devices.
While Samsung continues to hang on to its market share in smart wearables, it still struggles to match Apple’s pace as the market leader. The Wear OS choice above Tizen is a reflection of the desire to carve a stronger brand name in smart wearable devices.
- Samsung brings the free TV streaming service Samsung TV Plus to India
- Samsung Galaxy Watch4 and Galaxy Watch Active4 could come in two sizes and cellular variant
- Samsung chip production in Texas is almost at normal levels
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G launched in India; Specifications, features, and price
- Samsung Galaxy S21 series get Portrait mode for regular lens, & more via the latest update
- Samsung reclaims top position in global smartphone sales in February
ALWAYS BE THE FIRST TO KNOW – FOLLOW US!