The TicWatch Pro 3 by Mobvoi is probably the best Google Wear OS smartwatch available in the market. It was launched in late September. Now, over four months after its release, the company has released a major update for this wearable.
Mobvoi is rolling out a new firmware for the original GPS variant of the Ticwatch Watch Pro 3 with version number PYDA.200427.080.MRB.210114.001. The new update brings some new features, improvements, and also a couple of fixes.
Like any other new update, it is being pushed in batches. Currently, it is only available for 30% of the users. As per the company, it should reach 50% of users by February 3 and 100% by February 4.
Talking about the changes, the latest update adds an option to change the date format on the watch’s secondary FSTN (Film compensated Super Twisted Nematic) LCD screen, which the brand calls essential screen.
EDITOR’S PICK: OnePlus Watch: Everything you need to know before the launch
Further, the next two features are also related to this secondary display. Users can now turn on the backlight using the power button while in essential mode and also turn off the essential screen’s auto-backlight in the Essential Mode app. Lastly, notification sound can be enabled from Settings > Sound > Ring volume.
As for improvements, the new update improves the speed of the tilt to wake the screen by about 1/4 second, smoothness of sliding, and pairing speed when pairing with Android devices. It also optimizes the responsive area at the edge of the screen, reduces the backlight brightness of the essential screen, and solves an issue related to steps in the essential mode being partially lost after restarting.
Last but not least, the latest firmware update fixes the essential screen’s backlight not lighting up by tilt to wake issue and function key double click gesture waking up other apps instead of Google Pay bug.
TicWatch Pro 3 Firmware Version PYDA.200427.080.MRB.210114.001 Official Changelog
- Support adjusting the essential screen’s date format(DD-MM/MM-DD) through the Essential Mode app.
- Support turning on the backlight through the power button in the essential mode.
- Support turning off the essential screen’s auto-backlight in the Essential Mode app.
- Enable the notification sound (Can be adjusted in Settings –> Sound –> Ring volume).
- Improved the speed of the Tilt-to-wake screen by about 1/4 second.
- Solved the issue where sometimes the steps in the essential mode might be partially lost after restarting.
- Improved the smoothness of sliding.
- Optimized the responsive area at the edge of the screen.
- Reduced the backlight brightness of the essential screen.
- Improved pairing speed when pairing with Android phones.
- Bug Fixes:
- TicWatch Pro 3 gets an LTE version in Europe; coming to other markets later
- Mobvoi TicWatch Pro 3 launched in India for ₹27,999 ($382)
- Mobvoi’s TicWatch GTX doesn’t run WearOS and costs just $65!
ALWAYS BE THE FIRST TO KNOW – FOLLOW US!