The Xiaomi Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro are getting a massive camera update
Since their official domestic release a few days ago, the Mi 10 an Mi 10 Pro have been gathering quite a bit of interest. In no small part, thanks to the flagship pairs impressive camera setups. Well, these are, apparently, about he become a whole lot better, through a new software package, which was already seeded to those subscribed to the beta channel. Once all the issues are ironed out it will also get distributed to the retail units.
The list of new features is rather extensive:
Super video stabilization upgrade
- Super Stabilizer Plus
- Larger format ratio
- Better anti-shake effect
Normal video shooting support zoom
- Supports smooth zoom
- Support Hitchcock shooting
Adjustable parameters for professional mode recording video
- Adjust video recording effects at any time
- Adjustable white balance, focus parameters, shutter time, ISO, EV parameters
8K video movie format
- 8K video recording, textured movie format
- Video playback, one-click 8K screenshot
Video tag function
- Recording video for a long time
- Album with backmarker keyframes
Album video compression
- Lossless image compression
- Easily save 50%+ space
Mi clip new
- Intelligently analyze video clips and automatically match cool transition music
- Support manual adjustment of subtitles, multiples, titles, and trailers
- VLOG blockbuster, one-click can now create a film
Unfortunately, some of the specifics do get a bit lost in translation. Even so, it is clear that Xiaomi will be seeding upgraded video stabilization Super Stabilizer Plus. Also on the list extended video capture length, as well as smooth video zoom and video recording parameter adjustment on the fly. Lossless image compression also sounds interesting, along with the 50%+ space saving claim. This could have something to do with HEVC, or perhaps some other advanced video codec.
Mi clip is also getting some new features and refinements, including automatic music transition matching.
Barring any major issues, the stable OTA is expected to drop in early April.