Source: Jennifer Locke / Android Central
While some video games are fun solo on the new gaming console from Sony, but others are better when you add friends on the PS5. There are a lot of amazing games to play on the new console, and while some are single play only, others need a team to enjoy fully. Adding friends on the PS5 is a relatively simple process. Let's get into the steps to take to get your group ready to take on the next game.
Products used in this guide
- Friendly competition: PS5 ($499 at Amazon)
How to add friends on PS5
- With your PS5 powered on and hooked up to your TV, press the PS button on your DualSense controller to open the Control Panel.
Make sure that Game Base is highlighted, and select it.
Source: Android Central
- On the next screen, you will want to choose View All Friends.
From here, you will be able to select Search to find the friend you wish to add.
Source: Android Central
- Once you have found the friend you are looking for, highlight and select that friend on the list.
- After their profile has loaded up, you can click on Add Friend to get them onto your PS5 friend list.
Once you have gotten your friend's list set up, you'll be able to see which members of your crew are online so you can game together.
A good accessory to have while gaming with friends or not is a good set of headphones. This helps in having a fully immersed gaming experience, and since most gaming headsets have a microphone built-in, you'll be able to chat with the people you are playing online with. Now, time to team up for your next victory!
Our top equipment picks
Build your championship team
For gaming on the next level
From epic solo missions to massive multi-player games, the new PS5 is ready to handle it all. Designed for the most intense graphics, and with hardware to spare, it's ready for you to lead your team to victory.
Razer Kraken X
($50 at Amazon)
Razer is one of the biggest names in gaming so it only makes sense that it would make some excellent headphones as well. The Kraken X offer great sound, comfort, and a good built-in microphone, all without breaking the bank.
- PlayStation 5: Everything we know so far
- PS5 vs. Xbox Series X: How they compare
- PS5 Specs: What's in the next-gen PlayStation
- Will PS4 games work on the PlayStation 5?
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Need to upgrade your entertainment stand to fit the PS5?
The new generation PlayStation is kind of a chonky boy. Your current entertainment stand may not have the space for it, but here are some great options if you need to upgrade.
Here's some of the best accessories you can pick up for the PS5
The PS5 release is just around the corner, and if you're one of the lucky ones who have secured one, you'll need some accessories to get the best out of the system. Here are some of the best PS5 accessories you can pick up ahead of its launch.