Categories
Latest News

Sony WH-1000XM2 explodes after woman plugs the flight adapter into a AC socket

Advertisement

It is not uncommon to hear stories of exploding batteries in smartphones, laptops, and other electronic gadgets. These stories serve as reminders of the need to use the device properly and also that having such gadgets with or around us might imply playing with a bomb waiting to explode. Here’s a story about an exploding headphone!Sony WH-1000XM2

Before you go picturing a situation of having the ears ripped off by a headphone explosion, that didn’t happen. According to the news, a consumer in Wuhan, China had her Sony WH-1000XM2 burnt after it exploded when she mistakenly plugged the in-flight adapter into the AC power unit. The victim identified as Ms. Liu is reported to have bought the Sony headset for 2,300 yuan (around $355) on Febraury 17.

When she reached home that night wanted to charge the headset, instead of using an adapter, her son used the in-flight plug adap tor in the box and this caused the headset to explode and go up in flames. The burning headset left the boy with some degrees of burns in his right hand. Sony WH-1000XM2 explodes

Advertisement

The in-flight plug adaptor lets you enjoy balanced sound from the in-flight entertainment system while travelling in a plane. Sony included a w arning on its website that the adaptor “is NOT MEANT to charge your device. Plugging the in-flight adaptor into a AC Power Socket to charge the headphones will cause severe damage to the device”.

Advertisement

When Ms. Liu returned to lodge a complaint at the merchant store but the merchant believes that the acident was caused by the improper operation of the device but the consumer and was unwilling to take responsibility. Indeed, it was caused by improper operation by the consumer but we must point out the in-flight plug adaptor looks very much like a two pin adaptor. After the news break o ut, there have been series of reports about similar incidence by consumers in China despite the in-flight adaptor having a warning that reads “please do not plug into the power socket”.

In this regard, the Hubei Provincial Consumer Council reminded that operators should do their best to remind and adequately inform users of the hidden dangers that may endanger consumers’ personal safety.

RELATED;

ALWAYS BE THE FIRST TO KNOW – FOLLOW US!

Original Article

Advertisement

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *