Along with the One UI 3.1 update, Samsung has been bringing productivity features to its tablets. Earlier, the Galaxy Tab S7 series got second screen support with the update. Now, the Galaxy Tab S6 Lite gets Samsung DeX.
An update with build version P615XXU4CUBB is rolling out to the Galaxy Tab S6 Lite users. The update not only brings the latest One UI 3.1 based on Android 11 improvements but March 1 security patch and features like Samsung DeX.
For the unaware, Samsung DeX is a software platform to make your smartphone/tablet into a desktop computing machine. It initially required a DeX Station/Pad as an accessory. Later, it got reduced into an HDMI adapter. This made users connect to external monitors/displays and enjoy a desktop experience.
The 2019 version required a cable to connect it to a screen. With the launch of Galaxy Note 20 last year, it finally went wireless. Anyway, this makes you work on a bigger screen having a UI that feels like a desktop.
Do note that the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite which launched in 2020 features a sub-par Exynos 9611 chipset. Hence, the performance of DeX might get hampered a bit. Anyway, the update also brings other improvements to features as follows:
- Revamped UI
- Digital Wellbeing & Parental controls
- Dedicated Media Player widget in Quick Settings
- One-time permissions and Permissions auto-reset
- Improved Stock apps(like Samsung Keyboard, Internet, and more)
If you are a user of this yesteryear tablet, you can go to Settings > Software update > Download and install and try out the new features.
It’s also worth noting that Samsung launched this tablet with One UI 2.0 based Android 10 OS in 2020 so we can expect two more android upgrades for it as it is a part of the three-generations upgrade program.
- Samsung might make Qualcomm’s next-gen flagship Snapdragon chips
- Samsung accounts for TCL Technology’s 15% large-size LCD panel shipments
- New Samsung Galaxy A22 leak reveals a 4G variant with model number SM-A225F
ALWAYS BE THE FIRST TO KNOW – FOLLOW US!