OnePlus launched the OnePlus 9 series in China today. Unlike the global variants, the models sold in the home market run ColorOS 11 as confirmed by the company ahead of the official announcement. But they come with one exception that is not applicable to OPPO smartphones running the same software.
The OnePlus 9 and the OnePlus 9 Pro for China ship with ColorOS 11.2 based on Android 11. The brand calls it ColorOS for OnePlus, just like MIUI for POCO. This version of ColorOS comes with some tweaks like realme UI.
It is a known fact that OnePlus started its journey as an enthusiast brand. The company is known for its community. All of its products are popular in the custom ROM community, thanks to the firm’s commitment towards releasing proper kernel source code on time.
1 of 2
Continuing its legacy, at the OnePlus 9 series China launch conference, the brand confirmed that users need not worry about their smartphone’s warranty on rooting though they now run ColorOS. OnePlus had to specifically clarify it since OPPO and realme (realme UI) handsets running the same OS do not have this exception.
Also, it is worth noting that the OnePlus 9 and the OnePlus 9 Pro are not only cheaper in China but also come with a 2-year warranty. That said, do you think OnePlus should use ColorOS globally? Do let us know in the comment section below.
- All you need to know: OnePlus Warp Charge 50 Wireless Charger, OnePlus Gaming Triggers, and new phone cases
- OnePlus 9R launched with Snapdragon 870 chipset, 120Hz AMOLED display, 65W Warp Charging, & more
- OnePlus 9 Pro flagship smartphone passes JerryRigEverything’s durability test
- OnePlus Watch announced: Specs, Features, and Price
- OPPO ColorOS 11: All the features you need to know
ALWAYS BE THE FIRST TO KNOW – FOLLOW US!