Redmi began the ‘K’ series budget flagship smartphones trend with the launch of the Redmi K20 series in China back in 2019. The company then continued to launch successors in the next year with Redmi K30 and K30 Pro. And in 2021, it is back with the Redmi K40 series.
Right from the day the retail boxes leaked, there’s been a lot of buzz about these two models. Hence, let’s look at the specs and whatever we know so far before the launch next week.
Redmi K40 Series Designcamera layout.
The same was the case last year but Redmi K40 Series’ leaked pictures- Redmi K40 (M2012K11AC), and Redmi K40 Pro (M2012K11C) on TENAA certification and the one officially teased by Redmi today(Feb. 19) shows that the gap is shrinking between them in terms of design this year.
1 of 4
*images- From left to Right- K40(Official Teaser), Possible K40 and K40 Pro(M2012K11AC, M2012K11C as on TENAA), Mi 11
Upfront, the Redmi K40 series will be a big departure in design. It will ditch the Pop-up camera mechanism found on the predecessors for a centered punch-hole panel. And Lu Weibing has already confirmed that it will sport a display with the smallest punch-hole in the world.
Surprisingly, just like the Redmi K20 and K20 Pro, this year’s devices are expected to share a lot of specs between them with few differences. Do note that these are the specs that have appeared on the TENAA listing in China and some other reports.
Let’s have a look at the specs of the Redmi K40 and K40 Pro below:
- Dimensions:163.7 x 76.4 x 7.8mm
- Display: 6.67-inch punch-hole display(Expected: E4 Samsung AMOLED with 2400×1080 resolution, 120Hz refresh rate)
- Processor: Snapdragon 888 (on Redmi K40 Pro), Snapdragon 7xx/870(rumored on Redmi K40) chipsets.
- Cameras: AI Triple-Camera(Maybe 64MP main- on Redmi K40, 108MP large 1/1.5-inch Camera sensor on K40 Pro)
- Battery: 4,420mAh(could be marketed as 4,500mAh) with 33W fast charging
- Memory: 6/8GB DDR5 RAM, 128/256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Other features: 5G, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.2, Dual Stereo-Speakers
- OS: MIUI 12.5 based on Android 11
Redmi K40 and K40 Pro Launch Date, Availability, Price
Regarding the launch, Redmi has already confirmed that the Redmi K40 series will debut in China on February 25. As for the Price, the Redmi K40 Pro could start at 2,999 yuan ($462) considering Redmi prices its flagship aggressively and its predecessor launched at the same starting price.
Since the launch is happening in China first, don’t expect it to debut outside of the country anytime soon. However, some vague rumors say that the K40 could debut under POCO branding in countries like India. Let’s wait for official confirmation on the same.
- Redmi teases K40 Pro’s triple rear cameras, official launch on February 25
- Redmi 10X 4G receives Android 11 update, Redmi Note 9 could be next in line
- Redmi Note 10 Teaser page confirms centered punch-hole display, IP52 water resistance, & more
- Lei Jun expresses admiration as boy, 9, turns a dismantled Redmi 1 into an artwork
ALWAYS BE THE FIRST TO KNOW – FOLLOW US!