Earlier last month, realme launched the realme X7 series in India consisting of two smartphones, namely realme X7 and realme X7 Pro. Despite getting released in February 2021, these phones debuted with realme UI based on Android 10. Now, a month after their announcement, the brand has finally revealed when these handsets will be updated to Android 11 (realme UI 2.0).
Both the realme X7 and realme X7 Pro sold in India are 5G smartphones powered by MediaTek SoCs. The former is a rebranded realme V15 5G, whereas the latter is the original device that was released in Ch ina last year.
These phones start at ₹19,999 and go up to ₹29,999. In other words, they are expensive than the Indian smartphone market’s average ASP. But that’s fine as these devices not only offer 5G but also other goodies.
However, India does not have 5G networks. Even if the latest mobile networks go live by the end of 2021, it may take years to reach most parts of the country. Hence, buyers of the realme X7 series will need to hold on to their handset for a long time.
But the problem is that realme X7 and realme X7 Pro may not get software support for that long. According to the updated realme UI 2.0 update timeline, these devices will start receiving Android 11 beta builds only in Q2 2021.
So that could be anytime from April to June. This means the stable update will be rolling out even later. Considering these factors, we can expect realme to provide one more major update in the form of Android 12 (or realme UI 3.0).
- realme narzo 20 is only the second realme phone to get the Android 11 stable update in India
- Realme C21 with a 6.5-inch display, Helio G35, and 5,000mAh battery launched in Malaysia
- Realme GT 5G with 120Hz display, SD888, 64MP triple cameras launched in China
- Realme 8 Pro appears on FCC with a 4500mAh battery and 65W charging support
- realme 8 Specs revealed by India & Europe CEO Madhav Sheth
ALWAYS BE THE FIRST TO KNOW – FOLLOW US!