At the end of October, OnePlus rolled out OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 3 for OnePlus 8 and Oneplus 8 Pro. Now, the duo is receiving a new update in the stable channel with build number OxygenOS 188.8.131.52. Unfortunately, though the update has been released in November, it comes with October 2020 security patch.
The new stable update for the OnePlus 8 series brings the Canvas feature that was introduced in the beta channel in late September. That’s not all, it also changes the quick settings to three lines. Other than these two additions, the latest system update brings a number of optimizations and fix for Bluetooth mute issues.
These optimizations are for frame stability algorithm, adaptive brightness algorithm, background process management, 5G connectivity, and WiFi connection.
EDITOR’S PICK: OnePlus reported to skip Wear OS for its watch
That said, the new update comes with the following build numbers for all the regions.
- IN – 184.108.40.206.IN21DA
- EU – 220.127.116.11.IN21BA
- NA – 18.104.22.168.IN21AA
OnePlus 8 Pro
- IN – 22.214.171.124.IN11DA
- EU – 126.96.36.199.IN11BA
- NA – 188.8.131.52.IN11AA
OnePlus 8/8 Pro OxygenOS 184.108.40.206 Official Changelog
- Optimized the frame stability algorithm to make the experience smoother
- Optimized adaptive brightness algorithm, making 8,192 levels of automatic brightness adjustment more comfortable
- Optimized background process management mechanism to improve standby-by performance
- The quick setting has been adjusted to three lines
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2020.10
- Improved system stability
- Ambient display
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone（Path：Settings-Customization-Wallpaper-Canvas-Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically
- Optimized the intelligent 5G function to extend battery endurance capacity
- Optimized Wi-Fi connection to improve stability of connectivity
- Optimized Wi-Fi connection to reduce transfer delay
- Fixed the low probability issue that it was muted after connecting to Bluetooth
ALWAYS BE THE FIRST TO KNOW – FOLLOW US!