A few days back, OnePlus promised to release OxygenOS Open Beta 1 for the OnePlus Nord this week. The update has been made available for download on the OnePlus Community. Interested users of the device can install this update without losing their data but they are still recommended to backup.
The first-ever public beta update for the OnePlus Nord arrives with a bang. It not only introduces Android 11 to the users of the smartphone but also brings a ton of new features, courtesy of OxygenOS 11.
First and foremost, the new build brings new UI visuals and optimizations for the stability of some third-party applications. Further, the update adds 10 new AOD (Always-on Display) clock styles, including ‘Insight Clock Style’, which was designed in collaboration with Parsons School of Design. It also brings the Canvas feature that allows users to apply any picture as AOD wallpaper.
Then, the update finally adds a shortcut key for dark mode along with support for scheduling. Also, it brings the newly redesigned Shelf with a weather widget that has animation effects.
Last but not least, the build also brings the new OnePlus Gallery app with support for story function and faster loading speed.
OnePlus Nord OxygenOS Open Beta 1 Official Changelog
- Update to Android 11 version
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Optimize the stability of some third-party applications and improve user experience
- Ambient Display
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data ( To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone（Path：Settings-Customization-Wallpaper-Canvas-Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically）
- Newly added 10 new clock styles ( To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Dark Mode
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable. Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range. path: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range
- Newly shelf interface design, the interface is clearer
- Added weather widget, animation effect smarter
- Supporting Story function, automatically form weekly videos with photos and video in storage
- Optimize the loading speed of the gallery, and the image preview is faster
Having said that, once you install OxygenOS Open Beta 1 on your OnePlus Nord, you will be receiving the future builds via OTA. Anyway, you can rollback to the stable channel by installing the respective rollback file but that will erase the entire phone.
ALWAYS BE THE FIRST TO KNOW – FOLLOW US!