OnePlus launched the OnePlus 8T in October 2020. The handset debuted with OxygenOS 11 based on Android 11. Now, almost five months after its release, the phone gets its first-ever OxygenOS Open Beta update.
OxygenOS Open Beta releases, as the name suggests, can be installed by any interested user. All they have to do is download the appropriate file from OnePlus Community and then, head over to Settings > System Updates > Top Right Icon > Local Upgrade and select the downloaded file to install the updates.
This process will not wipe the internal storage. However, when the user rollbacks to the stable channel, that process will delete everything stored in the phone. But it is always advised to create a backup before proceeding either of the processes.
That said, the OnePlus 8T OxygenOS Open Beta 1 update brings optimizations for status bar UI display, frame rate stability in games, community homepage, sunny and cloudy day animations in the Weather app, and cloud service layout in the Gallery app.
Last but not least, the first public beta update for the OnePlus 8T also bumps up the security patch level to February 2021.
OnePlus 8T OxygenOS Open Beta 1 Official Changelog
- Optimized the UI display of the status bar
- Optimized the stability of the frame rate and improve its experience while playing games
- Optimized the Community homepage with more noticeable notification
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.02
- Optimized the animations of sunny and cloudy days for a clearer dynamic display
- Optimized the layout of the cloud service in the Gallery for a better operation experience
- OnePlus 9 series Rumor roundup: Expected Specs, Features, and Price ahead of launch
- OnePlus Nord 2 powered by MediaTek Dimensity 1200 to launch in Q2 2021
- OnePlus to continue selling the OnePlus 8 series for the first half of 2021
- ‘Fnatic Mode’ on OnePlus phones is now called ‘Pro Gaming Mode’
ALWAYS BE THE FIRST TO KNOW – FOLLOW US!