Source: Apoorva Bhardwaj / Android Central
What you need to know
- OnePlus is rolling out a new OxygenOS 188.8.131.52 update to the OnePlus 8T.
- The update fixes an NFC-related issue and also improves the phone's network performance.
- Camera and call stability have also been improved.
Since it was launched last month, the OnePlus 8T has been receiving new stable OxygenOS updates nearly every week. Less than two weeks after rolling out the OxygenOS 184.108.40.206 update to one of its best Android phones, OnePlus has now started rolling out a new hotfix update.
Similar to the last OxygenOS update that OnePlus rolled out to the 8T, the new OxygenOS 220.127.116.11 update doesn't bring any new features. It doesn't include a newer security patch, either. Instead, OnePlus has focused on fixing bugs and further improving the phone's stability. The update fixes an NFC-related issue that had been affecting a small number of OnePlus 8T users, along with an issue that caused network interruption while playing games. OnePlus has also optimized the call stability with the new update.
Here's the full changelog:
- Optimized the call stability
- Improved system power consumption performance to reduce heating
- Improved mis-touch prevention to offer better gaming experience
- Optimized fluidity with some mainstream games to reduce lagging risks
- Optimized user experience with Alert Slider by adding toast messages when switching among the 3 modes
- Fixed the issue that the status bar kept hovering on the screen in landscape mode
Fixed the issue that NFC cannot be turned on in a small probability
- Optimized the imaging effect to bring you with better shooting experience
- Improved camera stability
- Optimized mobile network connection to improve the network intensity with signal
- Fixed the small probability issue with network interruption while playing games
The update is currently rolling out only to OnePlus 8T owners in India. It is expected to expand to users in Europe and North America within the next few days.
The 8T may not be the most exciting OnePlus phone launched this year, but it offers pretty much everything you would expect from a value flagship in 2020. It has a gorgeous 120Hz AMOLED screen, great battery life with 65W fast charging, and runs Android 11 out of the box.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Get 3 months of free wireless service with Mint Mobile's Black Friday deal
Free stuff is the best stuff, and that's what Mint Mobile is offering for Black Friday. If you sign up for any three-month plan right now, you can get another three months absolutely free!
Android Central's Best of 2020 Awards
The year isn't quite over, but we're ready to throw in the towel — and give out some awards!
Samsung may kill the Galaxy Note series to focus on foldables next year
According to a new rumor, Samsung may finally discontinue its Galaxy Note series next year. Leaker Ice Universe says there is currently no evidence that suggests the company is working on the Galaxy Note 21 series.
Keep the OnePlus 8T's display looking great with the best screen protectors
With the OnePlus 8T finally arriving, it's important that you find the right accessories for the device. There are already plenty of great cases to choose from, along with even more screen protectors. These are the best screen protectors for the OnePlus 8T that you can find today!