Almost a month after the last OxygenOS Open Beta as well as stable builds, OnePlus is rolling out the OxygenOS Open Beta 7 update for the OnePlus 8 series. The new release brings minute fixes/optimizations and also bumps up the security patch level.
The OxygenOS Open Beta 7 is the only public build available for OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro with February 2021 security patches while we are already in March. In fact, Samsung has started seeding this month’s security update to some of its smartphones last week itself.
This clearly shows how the company is now lagging behind in terms of software support. It is also yet to release the stable OxygenOS 11 (Android 11) update for the eligible devices. The OnePlus Nord, which is the company’s popular handset, got the said update only today.
Anyway, coming back to the latest public beta update for the OnePlus 8 series, the new build brings an adjusted emergency rescue layout in the password lock screen, fixes the‘ Horizon Light’ feature not turning on issue, and optimizes the stability of the OnePlusCamera app.
OnePlus 8/8 Pro OxygenOS Open Beta 7 Official Changelog
- Adjusted the layout of the emergency rescue in the password lock screen
- Fixed the issue that the Horizon light has a small probability of failing to turn on
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.02
- Optimized the stability
The OnePlus series OxygenOS Open Beta 7 update is rolling out via OTA for users who are already on the previous beta release. On the other hand, interested stable channel users can download and install this update from the OnePlus Community.
- OnePlus 9 series might launch on March 23: Leak
- OnePlus 9R could be the third device in the OnePlus 9 series
- OnePlus Nord devices are a big hit at Metro by T-Mobile in the US
- Leaked screenshots reveal OnePlus 9 Pro key specs and a new camera UI
ALWAYS BE THE FIRST TO KNOW – FOLLOW US!