OnePlus has begun to roll out OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 4 to OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro worldwide. The latest beta update is the successor to the Open Beta 3 that wiped out user data. Just like the previous build, the new one also does not add new features, instead it brings a number of fixes and optimizations, in addition to the November 2020 security patch.
According to the changelog, the new beta update for the OnePlus 8 series brings optimizations for call stability, system power consumption, some UI display with alarms, and user experience with split-screen apps.
Further, it also fixes gaming gram rate drops when status bar is pulled down, NFC couldn’t be turned on, unable to install apps from the Google Play Store, MX Player lag issue, and automatic WiFi disconnection.
OnePlus 8/8 Pro OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 4 Official Changelog
- Optimize the stability of the call
- Optimized system power consumption
- Optimized some UI display with Alarms
- Optimized the user experience with a split-screen of apps
- Fixed the issue that gaming frame rate decreased when pulling down the status bar
- Fixed the issue that NFC cannot be turned on in a small probability
- Fixed the issue that Play Store could not install the app
- Fixed the lagging issue with MX player
- Updated Android security patch to 2020.11
- Fixed the low probability automatic disconnection issue with Wi-Fi
Having said that, the update is currently being pushed in batches to the phones running the last OxygenOS
However, it is worth noting that it will factory reset the device. The same is the case if a beta user is willing to return to the stable channel.
ALWAYS BE THE FIRST TO KNOW – FOLLOW US!