The OnePlus 8 and the OnePlus 8 Pro were launched in the first half of 2020 with Android 10-based OxygenOS 10. The smartphones were later updated to OxygenOS 11 based on Android 11. Before this update, the company started releasing OyxgenOS Open Beta builds for these handsets. Now, the duo is receiving the sixth build in the series.
The OxygenOS Open Beta 6 update for the OnePlus 8 series comes over a month after the Open Beta 5 update, which was released before Christmas. The latest build brings a new feature, lots of optimizations, and January 2021 security patches.
Talking about the new feature first, the update adds a ‘Dock’ in the OnePlus Shelf. This dashboard displays information like daily steps, screen usage time, and more.
Further, the new public beta build optimizes UI display of the status bar, frame rate stability in games, and community homepage’s interface, weather animations, and interface of cloud service in the Oneplus Gallery app.
Last but not least, the new build also fixes the crash issue with the browser’s drop-down menu and notifications not turning off for some games in Game Space along with improvements for Bluetooth transmission rate.
Oneplus 8/8 Pro OxygenOS Open Beta 6 Official Changelog
- Optimized the UI display of the status bar
- Optimized the stability of frame rate and improved the experience when playing games
- Optimized the interface of the Community homepage and make notifications more eye-catching
- Fixed the crash issue where the drop-down menu of Browser
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.01
- Newly added Dock, a dashboard that displays various information, including daily steps, screen usage time, etc.
- Optimized weather animation effects to improve fluency
- Optimized animations for sunny and cloudy days for a clearer dynamic display
- Gaming Space
- Fixed the issue where notifications could not be turned off in the game in some cases
- Optimized the layout of the cloud service interface in the Gallery for a better operation experience
- Improved the transmission rate of Bluetooth when connecting watches
This update is being pushed to users on the previous beta build via OTA. However, interested customers on the stable channel can also install it by downloading the appropriate file from the OnePlus Community.
- OnePlus 8T praised by DxOMark for its “smooth” Display, scores 89 points
- OnePlus’ Valentine’s Day offers in the US include discounts, free backpack, and more
- OnePlus Watch: Everything you need to know before the launch
ALWAYS BE THE FIRST TO KNOW – FOLLOW US!