OnePlus 5 has finally received an incremental OTA(Over-The-Air) update after quite a while. The new OxygenOS 10.0.1 update brings September 2020 security patch along with a few bug fixes.
OnePlus 5 but the company will soon roll-out an incremental update for the OnePlus 5T as well.
Talking about the update, It weighs 253MB. As mentioned earlier, the update has bug fixes, security patch, and an updated GMS package as well. You can take a look at the entire changelog of the update below:
- Fixed the abnormal call recording issue
- Fixed the de-activated alarm issue when the phone was powered off
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2020.09
- Updated GMS package to 2020.08
- Full-Screen Gestures
- Back gesture from the bottom of the screen is available (OP5T only)
- Electronic Image Stabilization added, bringing you a more stable shooting experience.
Four months later, OnePlus issued an apology for not communicating the delay of updates to OnePlus 5/5T to users. It said that a serious communication module bag hampered the development. Anyway, the OnePlus 5 from 2017, launched with Android 7.1.1 Nougat, and considering it already got the Android 10 update, it’s highly unlikely to get the Android 11.
Having said that, OnePlus says this update is a staged rollout. Hence, it will rollout only to a limited number of users initially. After verifying that it doesn’t have any critical bugs, OnePlus will rollout the update to everybody in a few days.
ALWAYS BE THE FIRST TO KNOW – FOLLOW US!