Source: Android Central
What you need to know
- OnePlus has finally rolled out a new update to fix all the issues affecting the first stable OxygenOS 10 build for the OnePlus 5.
- The update arrives as OxygenOS 10.0.1 and includes the September 2020 Android security patch.
- A similar update for the OnePlus 5T is likely to be released soon.
Nearly six months later, the company has now started rolling out a new OxygenOS 10 update to fix all the major issues affecting the first build (via XDA Developers). According to the official changelog for the OxygenOS 10.0.1 update, it fixes the abnormal call recording and deactivated alarm issues, brings back Electronic Image Stabilization, and adds the September 2020 Android security patch to the OnePlus 5 and 5T. Currently, the update appears to be rolling out only to the OnePlus 5. OnePlus says it will begin pushing the update to the OnePlus 5T "soon"
Here's the complete changelog:
- Fixed the abnormal call recording issue
- Fixed the de-activated alarm issue when the phone was powered off
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2020. 09
- Updated GMS package to 2020.08
Full Screen Gestures
- Back gesture from the bottom of the screen is available (OP5T only)
* Electronic Image Stabilization has been added, bringing you the more stable shooting experience
The update is going to become widely available only after OnePlus can ensure that it has no major bugs. If you do not want to wait for the OTA, you can download the new OxygenOS 10.0.1 update using the third-party Oxygen Updater
Get More OnePlus 8
- OnePlus 8 Pro review
- OnePlus 8 review
- OnePlus 8 Pro vs. OnePlus 8: Which should you buy?
- Best OnePlus 8 Pro Cases
- Best OnePlus 8 Cases
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Review: New Amazfit GTS 2 and GTR 2 have big upgrades over previous models
These two Amazfit watches may look different but they have identical operating systems, health tracking and other features, so we're reviewing them together. With built-in GPS, speakerphone, music storage, voice commands, SpO2 tracking and more, these affordable watches are worth buying — with some caveats.
Three rules for buying a phone on Black Friday
You can find a great deal on a phone during Black Friday madness if you know where to look. This handy little guide will help!
Review: The Lenovo Smart Clock Essential is small, affordable, and lovely
Google Assistant's ecosystem has had a void in its lineup: a simplified smart speaker with a clock. Not only is the Lenovo Smart Clock Essential are great nightstand alarm clock — one you can even set manually rather than being stuck with voice commands — but it's got great promise as a desk clock or living room timekeeper, too.
Protect your Galaxy Note 10+ with these great cases
The Galaxy Note 10+ is a whole lot of power and premium design in your hand, and while you may want to show off its beautiful gradient back to the world, this phone needs a case. Get a good one to protect your Note 10+.