Huawei has just launched its latest MateBook series lineup alongside its flagship MateBook X, with the new MateBook 13 and MateBook 14. These laptops are the Ryzen edition, meaning, they feature AMD’s latest 4000 series Ryzen mobile chipsets.
Specs and Features
The MateBook lineup is generally built to offer great performance in a thin and light notebook form factor. This is shown to be true as the laptop scan feature Ryzen 4000 series H processors. These processors are for high performance and have a higher 35-45W TDP in comparison to regular U series chips which has a TDP of 15W. The higher end model offers a Ryzen 7 4800H which offers 8 cores and 16 threads, with a base frequency of 2.9GHz and a boost clock of 4.2GHz. It also fe atures an integrated Vega 7 GPU.
The screen on both the 13 inch and 14 inch model can offer a 2K touch enabled display with minimal bezels on each side. Its high screen to body ratio offers a wide angle of view with support for 100 percent sRGB color gamut. Notably, the notebooks also passed the Rheinland low blue light certification, which is beneficial to the users’ eyes when using the laptop. The 13 inch variant weighs just 1.3kg and measures in at 14.9mm. On the other hand, the 14 inch model arrives at 15.9mm and weighs just 1.49kg.
Editor’s Pick: HUAWEI MateBook X 2020 launches in China with 3K display, pressure-sensitive trackpad, and more
Both laptops also offer a two in one fingerprint reader/power button option that can make logging into your laptop seamless. Huawei also heavily advertised the laptops speed with 1GB PPT file opening in just 2.5 seconds, and a 7.5GB folder with 300 images opening in just 2.6 seconds. The company also showcased the processor’s prowess with certain coding applications and other benchmarks as well.
Price and Availability
The Huawei MateBook 13 and MateBook 14 will be available for purchase later today (19th August 2020) in China and will be offered in three different configurations and to different colors. This includes:
- Ryzen 5 4600H/16GB RAM/512GB Storage – 4,599 Yuan (roughly 665 US Dollars)
- Ryzen 7 4800H/16GB RAM/512GB Storage – 5,099 Yuan (roughly 737 US Dollars)
- Ryzen 7 4800H/16GB RAM/512GB Storage/Touch Screen (Will launch later in the year) – 5,399 Yuan (roughly 780 US Dollars)
- Ryzen 5 4600H/16GB RAM/512GB Storage (Will launch later in the year) – 4,999 Yuan (roughly 723 US Dollars)
- Ryzen 7 4800H/16GB RAM/512GB Storage/Touch Screen – 5,299 Yuan (roughly 766 US Dollars)
- Ryzen 7 4800H/16GB RAM/512GB Storage/Touch Screen (Will launch later in the year) – 5,699 Yuan (roughly 824 US Dollars)
UP NEXT: New class-action lawsuit against Google alleges Play Store monopoly for Android app distribution
ALWAYS BE THE FIRST TO KNOW – FOLLOW US!