Source: Jennifer Locke / Android Central
One of the best parts about modern gaming consoles like the PS5 is having the ability to save your favorite moments, then quickly share them with your friends or to social media for others to enjoy. With the new DualSense controller, Sony has replaced its Share button with a Create button that allows for more flexible capturing, sharing, and broadcasting — and it's incredibly easy to use.
Products used in this guide
- Next-gen gaming: PlayStation 5 ($500 at Amazon)
- Incredible controller: DualSense controller ($70 at Amazon)
How to use the Create button
- Press the Create button to the left of the trackpad on the DualSense controller.
To capture a 4K image from the PS5, select Take Screenshot.
Source: Sony (screenshot)
- A preview of the screenshot will be displayed in the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Select the icon to the left of the Take Screenshot button to capture recent gameplay — you can save anywhere from 15 seconds to an hour of footage, since the PS5 is constantly recording in the background.
- To begin capturing new footage, select the icon to the right of the Take Screenshot button.
- You can also begin broadcasting your gameplay to a live audience with the next button to the right.
You can choose whether to save your screenshots in PNG or JPG formats, and choose between MP4 and WebM for your video captures. You can also adjust the resolution of your captures, switching between 1080p quality and full-on 4K at 2160p.
Share your gaming experience
This improved interface for screenshots and sharing makes the PS5 feel more social than any previous PlayStation console. Being able to share your gaming experience with others isn't just useful for sharing your favorite moments, it can also be a great way to seek (and provide) help when you're stuck at a certain point in a game. There are plenty of use cases for the Create button — it's up to you to find and use them!
Large and in charge
The PS5 is an enormous console that's capable of playing Sony's massive catalog of games smoother and higher-res than ever before. It's the ultimate modern gaming experience, with powerful specs, a lightning-fast SSD, and excellent cooling.
The most immersive gaming controller
The DualSense isn't just great for capturing screenshots and footage. It's chock-full of immersive features that better connect you to your favorite games, including adaptive resistance in the triggers and intricate haptic feedback.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Need to upgrade your entertainment stand to fit the PS5?
The new generation PlayStation is kind of a chonky boy. Your current entertainment stand may not have the space for it, but here are some great options if you need to upgrade.
Here's some of the best accessories you can pick up for the PS5
The PS5 release is just around the corner, and if you're one of the lucky ones who have secured one, you'll need some accessories to get the best out of the system. Here are some of the best PS5 accessories you can pick up ahead of its launch.