Huawei’s ex-sister brand HONOR had already confirmed that the older devices will continue to receive the software updates as planned. Accordingly, the HONOR 20 series and V20 are now getting the Magic UI 4.0 global stable update.
If you recall, the stable update has already been rolled out to these devices in China. Now, the global variants of the HONOR 20, HONOR 20 Pro, and HONOR V20 are getting the Magic UI 4.0 global stable version. Carrying the build with firmware version 126.96.36.199, an OTA update weighing about 1.84GB in size is rolling out.
This software version is based on the EMUI 11 which is in turn an Android 10-based UI without GMS. Huawei unveiled the EMUI 11 back in September 2020. Due to the tussle with the US, the company couldn’t incorporate the latest Android 11 as Google was barred from working with the Chinese giant.
That said, the UI still had improved features like Photo sharing Privacy, Gallery, ringtones, UI animation, multiwindow mode, and more. The Magic UI 4.0
- Artistic themes
- Multi-screen collaboration
- Smoother animation
- Super notepad
- Subtle effect
- Rhythmic ringtones
- Notepad & Photo sharing Privacy
- Undisturbed screen protection, and more.
Anyway, the update is reportedly in the early stages and it might take a few days to reach everyone as a result of staggered rollout. Huawei has announced the plan of updating the flagships to its HarmonyOSHONOR does for its devices.
- Honor Smartwatch HES-B39 and Smart Band CRS-B39S battery capacities leak online
- Deal: Get Huawei AX3 Pro Router for $88.48 ($9 Coupon)
- Huawei P50 series to launch on 17th April 2021: Report
- Leaker confirms Honor Magic will be foldable; new mid-range phones and a tablet are coming soon too
ALWAYS BE THE FIRST TO KNOW – FOLLOW US!