Google hardware products are known for bugs. But the search giant is also known for fixing those with software updates. Hence, the company has released a new firmware update for Google Chromecast With Google TV with an important fix and some new features.
The Google Chromecast with Google TV is the latest streaming device from the company. It was announced in late September along with Pixel 4a 5G and Pixel 5. Since its release, it has had some issues and the firm responded to them with software updates.
Currently, the product is receiving a new firmware update with build number 200918.033. This update brings a much-awaited fix for the recovery screen issue reported by many users. Hence, if you own the device, then make sure to update it as soon as possible. However, do note that the build is being rolled out in batches and therefore, it may take time to reach your unit
Further, as per the changelog, the latest update improves 4K support for TVs/AVRs and Dolby Audio for Dolby Atmos and Dolby Digital Plus passthrough content. That’s not all, it also bumps up the security patch level to December 2020 and brings general stability, performance, and security improvements.
- Improved 4K support for TVs and AVRs
- Dolby Audio improvements for Dolby Atmos and Dolby Digital Plus passthrough content
- Android recovery screen improvements and fixes
- Security update: security patch level increased to December 5, 2020
- General security, stability, and performance improvements
- Android 12 screenshots leak showcases redesigned interface and new features
- Google Pixel smartphones will soon be able to measure heart rate using camera
- This might be the design of upcoming Google Pixel Foldable Smartphone
- Android 12 could feature a native system-level theme engine
ALWAYS BE THE FIRST TO KNOW – FOLLOW US!