Source: Sony (screenshot)
What you need to know
- During Opening Night Live at Gamescom, an extended gameplay demo for Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart was shown.
- This gameplay shows use of ray-tracing and the high-speed SSD in the PS5.
- Insomniac Games revealed that Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart is releasing in the PS5 launch window.
You can take a look at the gameplay footage below.
The developers also confirmed that there's no load times or loading screens throughout the entire game, as well as the fact that the team is currently targeting a "PS5 launch window" release, though the exact timeframe for said launch window is somewhat unclear. The PS5 is still on track to release at some point in Holiday 2020.
Back in action
The origin of heroes, reimagined.
In 2016's take on Ratchet and Clank, the original adventure is reimagined with new visuals and scenarios built from the ground up to take advantage of the PlayStation 4.
- PlayStation 5: Everything we know so far
- PS5 vs. Xbox Series X: How they compare
- PS5 Specs: What's in the next-gen PlayStation
- Will PS4 games work on the PlayStation 5?
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more
These are the best apps for your Android device — period
It can be difficult to find the "right" app when surfing the Play Store simply due to the sheer number of options available. Regardless of what type of app you're looking for, there's an app that can help make your life easier.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 set to launch at 'Unpacked Part 2' on September 1
Tick tock, tick tock — clock is ticking on Microsoft's TikTok buy
Just hours after Kevin Mayer quit his role as CEO of TikTok, a report emerged that his departure indicates that TikTok could be sold within the next 48 hours.
Games we want to see enhanced for PlayStation 5
With the expectation of backward compatibility on PlayStation 5, our libraries of games are already looking good for the new console, but how will those games look next to new releases? Here is a list of games we are hoping to see enhanced for PS5.