ASUS launched the ZenFone 7 series in late August 2020. The two devices in the lineup, namely ZenFone 7 and ZenFone 7 Pro debuted with Android 10 out of the box. A month after the debut of these phones, the company started recruiting beta testers for Android 11. Now, they have finally started receiving the stable update.
According to a post on ASUS ZenTalk forums (via XDA Developers), the Taiwanese company has started rolling out Android 11 stable update for the ZenFone 7 and the ZenFone 7 Pro in its home country. The update comes with a common build number 22.214.171.124 and March 2021 security patches.
The official changelog for the update mentions key Android 11 features. Additionally, it also says that the firm has removed the one-handed mode.
- Upgrade system to Android 11
- Update applications such as smart housekeeper, contact person, phone, file management, computer, clock, picture library, weather, recording program, settings, one-key switch and local backup
- Support one-time permissions, improved file access permission control, automatic reset permissions and other privacy functions
- Supports maintaining Bluetooth connection when flying mode is turned on
- Adjusted to the Android 11 notification bar style, support for displaying notifications of ongoing conversations
- The classic power button style supports Android 11 device control and Google Pay.
- Added the use of buttons to adjust the volume and return to advanced gesture settings. Adjust the style and automatically switch the color setting of the system. Remove one-handed mode.
- Notification settings Added notification records and dialog settings
- Adjust the quick setting panel interface and support media control. Added nearby sharing option (need to be added manually)
- Some third-party software is not yet compatible with Android 11
- Please backup your data before upgrading. If you want to downgrade from Android 11 to Android 10, you can use the official software package, but all data will be erased
- The system update “Wi-Fi automatic download and installation” setting is turned on by default
The ASUS ZenFone 7 series Android 11 update is currently being seeded out in batches in Taiwan. There’s no official word on when it will be available in other markets. However, we can expect the company to start rolling it outside its home country in the coming weeks.
- ASUS ROG Phone 5 series launched with up to 18GB RAM and 3.5mm headphone jack
- ASUS ZenFone 8 Mini may offer 120Hz 5.9-inch OLED display and Snapdragon 888
- ASUS ROG Phone 5 premium gaming smartphone fails durability test
- ASUS ROG Phone 5 vs 5 Pro vs 5 Ultimate: Specs Comparison
ALWAYS BE THE FIRST TO KNOW – FOLLOW US!