What you need to know
- Assassin's Creed Valhalla is the next entry in the long-running Ubisoft franchise.
- According to Ubisoft's Head of Communications for the Middle East, Assassin's Creed Valhalla will not be the biggest or longer Assassin's Creed game.
- This is evidently in response to criticism of just how large Assassin's Creed Odyssey was.
- Assassin's Creed Valhalla is set to release sometime in Holiday 2020.
Assassin's Creed Valhalla is an RPG with a wide scope, set in the Dark Ages and taking place in Norway and the Kingdoms of England. Players take on the role of a male or female Eivor, who helps lead raids and run a village that changes over time in response to their decisions. Still, despite the impressive scope, it appears this won't be the largest Assassin's Creed game ever.
Malek Teffaha, Ubisoft Head of Communications for the Middle East, responded to a Twitter post about the size of the game, saying (as translated by VG247) that "FYI, it won't be the longest or biggest game in the series. They addressed criticism on this one."
Based on Teffaha's comment, it seems like Assassin's Creed Valhalla will at least be smaller than Assassin's Creed Odyssey, the latter of which was widely praised at release. One routine criticism of Odyssey however, is that it was simply too big.
Conquer new lands for glory and honor
This new entry in the long-running franchise follows Eivor, a man or woman of your choosing who leads a Viking settlement in raids and battles against the Saxons. While you'll explore Norway and the kingdoms of England, it won't quite be the largest Assassin's Creed game in the franchise.
- PlayStation 5: Everything we know so far
- PS5 vs. Xbox Series X: How they compare
- PS5 Specs: What's in the next-gen PlayStation
- Will PS4 games work on the PlayStation 5?
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
Here's everything you need to know about the LG Velvet (aka the LG G9)
After years of LG G smartphones, we have something different for 2020. In place of the LG G9, we have the LG Velvet — a sleek and eye-catching smartphone with plenty of specs/features to boot. Here's everything you need to know!
Do you feel safe buying OnePlus phones?
OnePlus makes some of the best Android phones on the market, but a perfect company it is not. Do you feel safe doing business with it?
Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra successor rumored to feature a 150MP camera
A new rumor claims the Galaxy S20 Ultra successor will be equipped with a 150MP main camera. The phone is also tipped to sport a 64MP telephoto sensor and a dedicated 12MP macro camera.
Minecraft Dungeons, Star Wars Racer, and more release for PS4 in May
May is typically a slow month for game releases, but don't count it out just yet. Here are some great games hitting the PS4 this month.