Apple announced the iPhone 12 mini back in October 2020. The device has a Dual-Camera setup unlike the ‘Pro’ variants of the series. Today, DXOMARK, popular for its camera reviews, has posted its Camera test results.
According to the DXOMARK report, iPhone 12 mini gets an overall score of 122. With this, it sits outside the top-10 of the website’s rankings. However, it levels with its sibling, the iPhone 12. To compare, the iPhone 12 Pro and Pro Max are inside the top-10 with 128 points and 130 points respectively. Currently, the crown is held by HUAWEI Mate40 Pro+ with 139 points.
As mentioned above, the iPhone 12 mini scores similar to the iPhone 12 with 132, 41, and 112 points in Photo, Zoom, and Video categories. Even in performance, the report says that the mini is almost identical to the iPhone 12
- 12MP f/1.6 26mm Primary lens with 1.4µm pixel size; Has OIS, and PDAF
- 12MP f/1.36 14mm Ultra-wide lens
- Dual-LED Flashlight
- Features: 4K video at 60fps, 1080p video at 240fps, Dolby Vision HDR up to 30fps.
For Pros, the iPhone 12 mini gets the exposure right in Photo & Video, has Faster Autofocus, good video stabilization, and processes the Dolby Vision HDR videos faster.
However, the Cons include Shortened highlights due to limited Dynamic range(Photo), a Bluish White Balance cast in Photo & Video, artifacts like flare, ringing, and noise in low light/indoor scenes.
- Apple sees its best quarter performance in India, doubles its iPhone sales in Q4 2020
- Apple to launch 2nd Gen AirPods Pro in first half of 2021: Report
- Apple patents a foldable device with multiple integrated cameras for improved panoramic shots
ALWAYS BE THE FIRST TO KNOW – FOLLOW US!