Yesterday, OnePlus released HydrogenOS 11 based on Android 11 Beta 3 for Oneplus 8/8 Pro in China. Today, the company unveiled the same software in the form of OxygenOS 11 for global markets. Users with these two devices can download and install it to experience all the new features.
OxygenOS 11 is a ditto of HydrogenOS 11 with Google Mobile Services (GMS). OnePlus did not even modify the changelog much. That means the new mobile software by the Chinese smartphone maker brings AOD (a much-awaited feature), revamped system apps, optimized dark mode, a new font, Zen Moe 2.0, and more.
- New visual design (including Weather app, Launcher, Gallery, Notes)
- New layout for more comfortable and c onvenient one-handed operation
- Always-on display function, including 11 new clock styles
- Live wallpaper that changes according to the time of day
- New OnePlus Sans font that improves readability
- Optimized Dark Mode, including the ability to automatically turn on and off and a shortcut in Quick Settings
- 3 new Zen Mode themes, more timing options, and new Group feature to let you experience Zen Mode with your friends
- New Gallery function that automatically creates a weekly story based on your photos and videos
With that out of the way, here are the possible issues on this software build.
- Some third-party applications may not function as expected
- System stability issues
- Network stability issues in some scenarios
It is worth noting that this is the last Android 11 Beta for these two OnePlus phones after Beta 2 in July and Beta 1 in June. We expect the brand to release OxygenOS Open Beta for these phones in the coming days, followed by Android 11 stable update.
ALWAYS BE THE FIRST TO KNOW – FOLLOW US!