Amazfit launched the GTS 2 mini in India back in December 2020. At the time of launch, it didn’t have the Amazon’s Alexa assistant features built-in. However, it is getting it now via an OTA update in India.
Amazfit has sent a press release(via XDADevelopers) to notify the new feature on the Amazfit GTS 2 mini. Accordingly, users of the smartwatch are now getting the Alexa support via an OTA update. After updating the wearable to the latest firmware, users can send voice commands to Alexa AI Assistant via their smartwatch.
Specifically, you can now play music, set an alarm, provide weather forecasts, get traffic updates, and do more via the Alexa. For the unware, Alexa is a virtual assistant AI technology developed by Amazon. It was used on the company’s Echo devices initially in November 2014 and expanded to other devices gradually.
Coming back, the update has a firmware version 220.127.116.11 and it should enable all the features of Alexa assistant on GTS 2 mini. The GTS 2 mini is currently retailing on the Amazfit website and Amazon India for ₹6,999($96.24). It is available in Black, Sage Green, or Pink color.
You can follow the steps below to enable the Alexa on your GTS 2 mini:
- Pair the watch with your phone via Bluetooth(Zepp App)
- Open the Zepp app, click on profile, and select GTS 2 mini
- Update the firmware to version 18.104.22.168
- Once the update is complete, swipe left on the watch home screen
- Tap on “Authorize Alexa on the device page of the app”
- Open the Zepp app, tap on profile, and select add accounts
- Click on “Amazon Alexa”
- Log in to your Amazon account
After this, you should be able to get help from Alexa through voice commands. Let us know your Alexa experience with GTS 2 mini down in the comments below.
- Amazfit T-Rex Pro images and specifications leaks; may launch soon
- The Fitbit app’s Blood Glucose tracking feature gives it an edge over Xiaomi and Amazfit
- Xiaomi Mi Smart Band 6 appears on Indonesia Telecom and BIS listings, Launch imminent
ALWAYS BE THE FIRST TO KNOW – FOLLOW US!